1 position to fill
Who We Are?
Omnigate Systems Inc. is a startup software development company headquartered in Montreal, Quebec with satellite offices in the United States that is working in the field of financial technology.
Our core mission is to democratize and radically improve options available for payments for goods and services, as well as store of value, both for businesses and consumers. Ultimately, it is to unlock & democratize the power of the Internet of Value.
We’ve developed the first core financial system built with extensibility and interoperability in mind. Essentially, we take care of connecting the plumbing for fintech projects such as ledgering, balances, payments, PII data storage, tokenization, authentication and identity verification.
Omnigate is composed of a small team of energetic, multi-national, diversified, friendly, involved, on-premise and remote technically savvy problem solvers with just a tad of geekiness and an insatiable thirst for new learning and challenges. The core business values revolve around global best practices and transparency while adopting a holistic approach to accomplishment. We are currently looking to hire a system administrator to complement our team.
Who you are?
You have a deep understanding of system and network and are passionate about new technology. You have a genuine interest for the current transformation in fintech, blockchain, open source projects. You are highly motivated, got a great sense of initiative and autonomy. You are also easy going and a good team player. You are not afraid of challenges and can adapt easily to different roles.
Being a system administrator at Omnigate is a little bit more than your regular job, as it is also being part of a small team and that means having a voice inside the company and on the technology choices. The system administrator is responsible for overseeing and managing the business work environment, office support and digital security. He/she is involved in the IT key decisions and has a strong technical background, as well as an ability to work with several different departments to align priorities and plans with key business objectives.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, maintain and improve work environments for a small, but growing company
- Handle software and hardware for workstations, printers, servers, etc
- Help colleagues with issues within their work environment
- Device management (on-premises Domain and/or Active Directory)
- Manage internal digital security
- Manage the day-to-day operations of networking, user services, telecommunications, etc.
- Contribute to Omnigate’s IT strategic decisions
- Ensure quick and effective response to outages and/or technical problems
Your Skill Set:
- You have at least a relevant bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 5 years working experience as System Administrator
- Knowledge of various technology architectures including TCP/IP, WINS, DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, LAN, WAN, and VPN
- Hands-on experience supporting core Infrastructure computing services (Domain Controllers, Enterprise Directory, DNS, DHCP, VMware virtualization, Hyper-Converged, Backup/Recovery, Data Security, Data Replication & monitoring)
- You are at least fluent in English and Bash
- Exceptional organization skills
- The ability to self-motivate and take initiative is a must
- Outstanding verbal, written, listening, and communication skills
- Strong ability to work in team
Nice to Have:
- You have extensive knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory and keep up with recent events of Azure (AD)
- Experience working in a small business-startup environment
Disclaimer: Omnigate is looking for highly motivated individuals that are well verse in everything goes fintech, blockchain and that have a personal take on all the current transformations and will strongly believe in our product core values.