Social Media and Community Manager
1 position to fill
Who We Are?
Omnigate Systems Inc. is a startup software development company headquartered in Montreal, Quebec with satellite offices in the United States that is working in the field of financial technology.
Our core mission is to democratize and radically improve options available for payments for goods and services, as well as store of value, both for businesses and consumers. Ultimately, it is to unlock & democratize the power of the Internet of Value.
We’ve developed the first core financial system built with extensibility and interoperability in mind. Essentially, we take care of connecting the plumbing for fintech projects such as ledgering, balances, payments, PII data storage, tokenization, authentication and identity verification.
Omnigate is composed of a small team of energetic, multi-national, diversified, friendly, involved, on-premise and remote technically savvy problem solvers with just a tad of geekiness and an insatiable thirst for new learning and challenges. The core business values revolve around global best practices and transparency while adopting a holistic approach to accomplishment. Omnigate is looking to hire the perfect fit to take over and enhance and capitalize over its social media presence.
Who you are?
You are passionate about social media and social trends. You have experience working as a community or social media manager. You are not afraid to start building our social presence from scratch. You have looked at our Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages and understand why we need someone like you. You have a genuine interest for what is happening in fintech and for everything that goes around the blockchain and cryptocurrencies. You have a great sense of strategy and marketing.
The role of social media manager at Omnigate is a key element in our business strategy. The social media manager is our eyes and voice to the outside world. He/she understand the importance of timing and strategical posting, is up-to-date on everything that happens in the fintech universe. He/she can deeply understand what we do and discuss it publicly when appropriate. He/she will work closely with our sales and marketing teams to build Omnigate public image and maintain it.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
If you understand what the above lines mean and you are still interested and believe you are up to the challenge, then we most likely want to speak with you. See below the big lines of what will be expected from you.
- Build and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and additional channels that may be deemed relevant
- Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to spread both our brand and our content
- Monitor and engage in relevant social discussions about our company, competitors, and/or industry, both from existing leads and customers as well as from brand new audiences
- Run regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success (e.g., Twitter chats, LinkedIn discussions, etc.)
- Work alongside Marketing Manager to help distribute content that educates and entertains our audience and supports marketing goals
- Conduct customer and market research
- Manage SEO
- Collaborate in redaction and publication of thought article
Your Skill Set:
- BA degree in Marketing, Communication or any other relevant program
- 3 to 4 years working experience in a similar position
- Active and well-rounded personal presence in social media, with a command of each network and their best practices. Excellent written and spoken English and French (fully bilingual)
- Genuine interest for current transformation in Fintech
- Excellent sense of strategy and understanding of the importance of timing
- Ability to understand and vulgarize complex technical concepts
- Impeccable grammar skills
- Strong familiarity with Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and other social media platforms
- Moderate experience using the Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premier Pro or Final Cut (preferred but not required)
Disclaimer: Omnigate is looking for highly motivated individuals that are well verse in everything goes fintech, blockchain and that have a personal take on all the current transformations and will strongly believe in our product core values.