Senior Software Engineer
1 position to fill
Who We Are?
Omnigate Systems Inc. is a startup software development company headquartered in Montreal, Quebec with satellite offices in the United States that is working in the field of financial technology.
Our core mission is to democratize and radically improve options available for payments for goods and services, as well as store of value, both for businesses and consumers. Ultimately, it is to unlock & democratize the power of the Internet of Value.
We’ve developed the first core financial system built with extensibility and interoperability in mind. Essentially, we take care of connecting the plumbing for fintech projects such as ledgering, balances, payments, PII data storage, tokenization, authentication and identity verification.
Omnigate is composed of a small team of energetic, multi-national, diversified, friendly, involved, on-premise and remote technically savvy problem solvers with just a tad of geekiness and an insatiable thirst for new learning and challenges. The core business values revolve around global best practices and transparency while adopting a holistic approach to accomplishment. We are currently looking to hire a senior software engineer to complete our team.
Who you Are?
You are a veteran software engineer with previous experience in fintech. You are passionate about financial technology, blockchain and have a genuine interest for open source projects, SOA, Distributed system, multi-threaded programming and graph databases. You can easily explain to us what is Interledger. You can’t wait to look at our code, understand it and bring in new ideas to innovate. You are open-minded, have a great sense of humility and are not afraid to either receive or give constructive feedback.
The senior software engineer will be an important member of our development team. He/she will be a highly motivated individual who is looking to grow their career in a fast-paced environment. He/she must be able to work across multiple facets of the project and juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time. He/she will have a strong analytic capability and the ability to create innovative solutions that will help develop Omnigate to its full potential while working hands-in-hands with our Development Director and our Strategy team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of the Senior Software Engineer will revolve around developing, producing and implementing software solutions while working together with the development and strategy team to develop products that are aligned on business objectives.
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Review and debug code
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Stay on the leading edge of development practices
- Passionate about great technologies, especially open source
- Understand business needs and know how to create the tools to manage them
- Collaborate with internal team to brainstorm and create new products
- Grow engineering teams by interviewing, recruiting and hiring
- Make informed decisions quickly and taking ownership of services and applications at scale
- Work collaboratively with others to achieve goals
- 10+ years of experience with Java
- Extensive knowledge of PostgreSQL (PSQL)
- In depth knowledge of application optimization (concurrency, nio, etc)
- Solid bases in service-oriented architecture and web services
- Familiarity with Linux and the UNIX command line interface
- Knowledge of Git and Jira
- Experience developing applications with demonstrated experience with full software lifecycle and deploying applications to Production and experience with Agile methodologies
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
Disclaimer: Omnigate is looking for highly motivated individuals that are well versed in everything goes fintech, blockchain and that have a personal take on all the current transformations and will strongly believe in our product core values.